Ah, February! That makes everything heart shaped a million times better. I have to tell I am not the best cooker around. But, when it comes to creating different stuff that use recipe, I pour my heart into it. I love making desserts and for that I have to thank my mom. Not to mention, she makes the best cakes. Today I wanted to share with you something completely different to fashion. I present to you these heart pancakes.
Everybody loves when I make these pancakes. My husband and Maia can confirm. These are so delicious. And you can add whatever you like. In this time I added some fresh strawberries. They are so delicious with Nutella. This was my first time attempting using some molds. The first ones were pretty bad. I got them at eBay and you can find the same ones at Amazon.
Heart pancakes are perfect to impress on Valentine’s Day your other half or your family. Enjoy! And let mi know if you tried them or if you will.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (Don't have buttermilk? Combine 1 1/4 cups of milk with 1 tablespoon vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- If you don't have buttermilk, combine first the milk with the vinegar. Let it sit while you combine the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Combine with the buttermilk the beaten egg.
- Add the combined buttermilk and egg to flour mixture. Add vanilla and sugar and stir until smooth.
- Over medium heat, heat pan. Grease the surface and mold. Wait until bubbles form to retire mold.
- Enjoy! Add syrup of choice and topping (Nutella, fruits or butter)